Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Lo-ahhhhhh


Man I love me some Camp Lo. Uptown Saturday Night is an all timer for me. Their swag and nonsensical flows are unfuckwittable. Their beat selection is always on point and they are also good at the lost art of album construction / song arrangement.

Let me tell you, this new album Stone And Rob: Caught On Tape is the best hiphop release of 09 by far. They have those classic mid 90's spits and swagger over some straight up slappers. Sonically, the album is pretty flawless. Mixing is perfect. Grime comes through when necessary and everything sound right where it belongs. Beats are just fire. Samples are all crispy and the style of tracks are all over the place, yet the album is cohesive. Lyrically, these dudes are a little more understandable, but still have that braggadocious 'I don't care if you know what the fuck I'm talking about' demeanor.

My personal favorites are: 2 Dope Booyz, Pips, Sky Hi and Regulate, but all the tracks are serious.

Get with the Lo-aaahhh.

DO NOT SLEEP ON THIS ALBUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment