Friday, April 10, 2009

Dj Cam Quartet is my shit


So I was given this compilation titled Saint-Germain-Des-Pres Cafe Vol.9 by a fellow music nerd and it contains some absolutely amazing work by one of my favorite producers DJ Cam. He goes the route of another favorite of mine, Quantic, and takes his musical production skills to the stage with a full band. The outcome is some seriously high caliber hip hop infused jazz jams including So Sweet, Rebirth of Cool and a retarded dope cover of Nas' World is Yours that is goosebump worthy.

Cam has been one of my go to downtempo producers for a while. His Mad Blunted Jazz album is one of my all timers and sets the mood for any chill occasion. I grew up with lots of jazz in my household. Both of my parents are huge jazz listeners and gave me a pretty good collection of vinyl to thumb through since I left the house for college back in '01. I can apreciate some quality jazz musicianship and the chops Cam use on Blunted are flipped so flawlessly that I knew at the time he could pull off the band leader role with ease. Boy did he prove me right.

If you are a fan of hiphop and/or jazz, I beg you to peep these two tracks below, go find yourself some DJ Cam on a store shelf somewhere and support musical excellence such as this with your hard earned greenbacks.

Dj Cam - Rebirth of Cool

Dj Cam - It's Yours

No comments:

Post a Comment