Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Ecstatic x Taxi

New Videos from Mighty Mos.

MOS DEF "Ecstatic" from nabil elderkin on Vimeo.

Title track from The Ecstatic. This is in my top 5 albums of 2009. List being compiled as I watch this. So good to see the boogieman make a comeback this year. He seems hungry again musically. He made me wondering for a while, with the handful of sloppy shows and schizophrenic releases I've encountered the past few years. But Mos is back in a big way in 2009. Couldn't be happier.

Ski feat. Mos Def-Taxi from Creative Control on Vimeo.

Video of Black Dante and Ski Beatz working on a cut for Ski's upcoming production album. If you didn't already know, ski was an integral part of some of my personal favorite hip hop records of all time: Jay-Z's Reasonable Doubt ("Dead Presidents," "22 Two's", "Politics as Usual," and "Feelin' It") as well as producing Camp Lo's classic Uptown Saturday Night in it's entirity. This might be one of my top albums of 2010. We'll just have to wait and find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment