Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Dam That's Funky

So my favorite artist of 2009 is none other than Dam-Funk. This is probably not all that surprising to those that know me and my musical tastes, but something about this record just puts me in the best mood. Those raw synths and classic drum hits are like the musical equivalent to a fat blunt. No matter how bad your day is, one hit and you feel better in no time. All sweeping full length instrumentals that epitomize what the great Roger Troutman said on his first funk single back in the mid-80s: More Bounce to the Ounce.

With that being said, Mr. Funk hit his twitter followers yesterday with 5 unreleased gems that he had in the vaults. They are all pretty unique, and one is even a ripped grimy tape recording from 1991. This guy can do no wrong, and I can't wait for him to bring his live set to Seattle.

Get those unreleased tracks below:

DAM-FUNK - Twitter Funk

You can now pre order the 5lp collectors set of Toeachizown, Dam-Funk's magnum funk opus at Stones Throw Online. It was delayed for production reasons but should be shipping out early 2010. The packaging is just nasty. I'm broke, but I might have to find a way to cop this.

No comments:

Post a Comment