Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Fatbackin'

So I stumbled upon the entire Fatback Band discography (24 albums) and have been rocking it throughout the workday all week. All I gotta say is, these peeps are the truth. I've known about all their classics for a long minute. Fatbackin', Gotta learn to dance, Backstrokin', Yum Yum (Gimme Some), Gotta get my hands on some (Money)...ect. All great tracks. But, I am listening to all of these lps, and no tracks are skippable. All are jam worthy. I rocked them in the ipod to and from Portland this weekend on shuffle and every track was worthy of my eardrums.


It is rare to find such a sold collection of funk. I mean James Brown has gems, Parliament is golden, Sly Stone is a beast, AWB and Tower of Power bring it as well...but I was caught off guard by the sheer amount of kick ass riffs and all around funkiness of the Fatback crew. Late Pass me if you will. But I am loving this shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment