Thursday, May 28, 2009

Bumbershoot just became worthy of my $80

I am always super stoked to spend 3 days in Seattle Center for one of the last weekends of the summer partaking in everything I love about this city...

Great music, great people, great (local) beers, beautiful weather...anything else I'm missing? Yep, Bumbershoot never really disappoints. Year after year I go with pretty muted expectations (especially after the corporate takeover), and thoroughly enjoy the hell out of it. Pick a beer garden and just let the music come to me. Smoke a fatty, wander the grounds with ears wide open, ready to hop into a crowd if something catches my attention. I always find something new and amazing I've never heard, and the journey is 99% the fun anyways.

I love 3 day weekends. I love Seattle in September. I love Bumbershoot.



Well, Bumbershoot just announced more additions to their lineup and I'm sold once again. I was a little weary with the announcement of Sheryl Crow and Katy Perry, but they just dropped some serious heat with this latest group of artists (and plenty of local flavor!). Here are just a few of the groups I am geeked about peeping:

De La Soul / Raphael Saadiq (!!!!!!!!) / Roy Ayers / Swollen Members / Kasabian / Black Joe Lewis and the Honeybears / Janelle Monae (!!!!!!) / The Knux / The New Mastersounds (!!!!!!) / MSTRKRAFT / Reggie Watts / Wale ft. UCB / DJ Spooky / Keller Williams / Michael Franti

and the list of locals is fucking stellar:

Common Market / Dyno Jamz / Dyme Def / Handful of Luvin' / D. Black / Spaceman / Natalie Portman's Shaved Head / Macklemore / Reggie Watts / Truckasaurus

And there is still another round of acts to be announced. Get your tickets HERE.


See you in the Fisher Green beer garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment